Prepare to fall in love with our feathered friends, and join a birding expert on an early morning birding-adventure. You’ll travel to a scenic location and discover some of our local bird species. At a time when they are most active, an inspiring ornithologist will be your guide to observe and identify, listen to their songs, and learn fascinating facts at a time when they are most active. Binoculars are provided for all guests.
Price: $25.00 per person
Duration: ~3.5 hours round-trip
Available year round, for groups of 8-16
- Expert guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees
- Binoculars to borrow
- Arrive at predetermined pick-up location.
- Our default starting location is REI in Town Center (350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, USA)
- Private groups can ask to be picked up at a preferred location.
- Travel on The Nature Bus to the destination.
- Depending on the length of our ride, we may or may not have time for…
- Meet the Naturalist guide, distribute gear, and begin walk.
- Our guides will point-out and interpret the world around you…
- Hop back on the bus, and return.
For our pick-up locations please visit our FAQs page
We go rain or shine, see our weather policy FAQson the page
*Cameras are allowed, but know that this is not a photography class (see our Green Places tour if you are interested in guided nature-photography).
*All our tours involve walking; guests should expect varying degrees of physical activity.
Plan your group trip now!
We are flexible and can accommodate your groups particular interests.
Please fill out the short questionnaire provided below, and we will contact you soon to choose a date and finalize details.
We know your group will have a great time. This an opportunity to bond with one another. You will leave inspired and feel a deeper connection with the environment. Every moment of your adventure is thoughtfully planned out, from the moment you step on, until you disembark.