TOUR NAME: A “Berry” Tasty Adventure – Strawberry Picking & Picnic
DATE: Saturday, May 6, 2023
Rain date: Sunday, May 7, 2023 (save both dates)
DURATION (5 hour ROUND TRIP): 9:30 am – 2:30 pm (traffic dependent; flexible return time)
Please arrive at 9-9:15 am to board the bus. (REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach) to board the bus. Our destination is: Hickory Ridge Farm
PRICE: $45 per person (2 quarts of strawberries, a hay ride, a child-friendly nature program included)
Join The Nature Bus for a “berry” tasty adventure to the strawberry fields! This family-friendly trip is perfect for children and families who love the outdoors. Of course, adults without children will have a great day too! Everyone is welcome! As we ride to the strawberry fields, we’ll enjoy story time with a themed book to get us in the mood for berry picking. When we arrive at the farm, we’ll learn all about the strawberry life cycle and the importance of pollinators. We will go on a hayride. Then, it’s off to the fields to pick a bucket of fresh strawberries! Once we’ve finished gathering, we’ll settle onto picnic blankets for a teddy bear picnic! We will provide strawberry lemonade and some sweet treats. Please being along a packed lunch and your favorite teddy bear friend so you can join in on the creative play! After lunch, we’ll explore the farm and all it has to offer before heading back aboard The Nature Bus. What a “berry” fun day!
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Admission to the strawberry fields and play areas, plus 2 quarts of strawberries (you pick)
– Strawberry lemonade & desserts
– Hayride, teddy bear picnic, child-friendly nature program
– All fees (including admission/permit/tolls, excluding food/drink, unless otherwise stated above)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack your own lunch (we have coolers on board the bus and picnic blankets)
– Your favorite teddy bear
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (please print at home, sign and bring to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Cash (it is customary to tip 15%+ to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sunhat if it is a hot day
– insect repellant (for forested tours)
– Rain jacket/umbrella if needed (we go in light rain)
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be muddy at the refuge if it rained the day before)
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus)
– $20 cash if you’d like to purchase The Nature Bus t-shirt! You’ll love it. Can only be purchased on board the bus.
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain and wind, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. Save time at check-in by bringing your signed waiver. No restroom on board the bus; arrive early enough to use the rr at REI/Fresh Market grocery store. We will make rr stops throughout the tour. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. Due to lack of storage space, the bus cannot accommodate wheelchairs or walkers. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Federal Law no longer “requires” masks be worn on airplanes, trains and buses, however we strongly recommend them in the closed in space. Masks are optional.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- Please help fill up this tour! Share on your social media and with everyone you know! We need a minimum of 10 seats, maximum of 16 seats for each tour to go. Spread the word!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
May 6, 2023
9:30 am - 2:30 pm