TOUR NAME: Birding with Award-Winning Guide + Tour CBF Green Building
DATE: Saturday, January 28, 2023
DEPARTURE LOCATION: Princess Anne Recreation Center 1400 Nimmo Pkwy, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
DURATION – approximately 4 hours (ROUND TRIP): 8:00 am – 12:00 noon – (ish)
PRICE: $45 per person Register and get your tickets at this link:
DESCRIPTION: Join the heated Nature Bus and bird expert James Abbott for a guided walk at Pleasure House Point. The “National Park Service, Excellence in Education Award” was given to James a couple of months ago! Pleasure House Point is a winter birding hotspot. Almost all of our local waterfowl species can be observed here, as well as wintering shorebirds and songbirds. We will tour the marshes, woodlands, and open water areas. After our winter walk, hot chocolate and coffee will be served to you inside of CBF’s Living Building Certified Brock Environmental Center. We will be met by a second tour guide, who will show off the behind the scenes of this spectacular building. This is one of the most energy efficient, environmentally smart buildings IN THE WORLD! Visit TheNatureBus.com for more trip details; be sure to click the green button for important information!
– Expert pre-planning services
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Transportation: Departure from: Princess Anne Recreation Center 1400 Nimmo Pkwy, Virginia Beach, VA 23456 > travel to 3663 Marlin Bay Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23455 (approximately 30 min ride each direction; one hour total)
– All fees (including gasoline, tolls, permits/admission fee to all locations, donation to facility, when applicable)
– Loaner binoculars (in exchange for your driver’s license for the duration of the tour). We will also bring a birding scope for this tour.
– Hot chocolate and coffee (excluding any other food/drink)
– Your “guided tour” includes two (2) expert guides: a birding expert naturalist; and a CBF-trained tour guide; The naturalist will be showing an educational power point presentation on board the bus during travel to the location.
–MEET YOUR NATURALIST GUIDE: https://thenaturebus.com/our-team/
THINGS TO BRING:
– Your binoculars, of course! If you do not have a pair of bins, we can loan them to you in exchange for your driver’s license for the duration of the tour.
– Pack a simple lunch in your backpack – a sandwich, power bars, or something else that is very EASY to snack on while walking outdoors. We will not SIT down to eat due to the colder weather (not picnic temperatures). Bring water to stay hydrated. Some folks might bring a thermos of hot coffee or soup to stay warm on the inside.
– Dress for the weather and trail conditions; warm layers, hat, rain jacket, comfortable walking shoes; air-activated heat packs/inserts for your socks and gloves
– Your proof of registration from the Winter Wildlife Festival portal www.vbgov.com
– Printed/signed waiver (If you forget yours we will have one you can sign on the bus, but it saves a lot of time when everyone prints theirs at home and brings it with them.) Here is the link to the required form: https://thenaturebus.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NB_Waiver1.pdf
– CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guides)
– $20 cash if you’d like to purchase a Nature Bus t-shirt (available on board)
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain, extreme wind or temperatures, we will cancel this tour and refund all participants. ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS for any other reasons, including sickness/covid. In this case, please sell/gift your ticket with someone you know.
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. Save time at check-in by bringing your signed waiver. No restroom on board the bus; arrive early enough to use the rr at location Princess Anne Rec Center before boarding the bus. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know you are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. There are 3 large steps to climb to enter the bus. We apologize, but there is no room on board to accommodate wheel chairs or walkers. Our tours require participants to be ambulatory and in reasonably good physical health to manage our nature excursions.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to crack open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Federal Law no longer “requires” masks be worn on airplanes, trains and buses, however we recommend them in the closed in space. It is optional and encouraged to wear your mask while inside of the bus; of course it can be removed when outdoors.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab or click this link: https://thenaturebus.com/reviews/
- Please help fill up this tour! Share on your social media and with everyone you know! We need a minimum of 10 seats, maximum of 16 seats for each tour to go. Spread the word! See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
January 28, 2023
8:00 am - 12:00 pm