DATE: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Rain date: No rain date for this tour; we supply umbrellas
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (traffic dependent; flexible return time)
Please arrive at 9:30-9:45 am to board the bus. (REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach) to board the bus.
PRICE: $40 per person
DESCRIPTION: We will travel on board The Nature Bus to a guided tour of Cape Henry Lighthouse. This lighthouse has stood watch at the entrance of the Chesapeake Bay for over two centuries. Visitors to the lighthouse have the OPTION to climb to the top of the lighthouse for panoramic views of the Chesapeake Bay. Our guide will share its history with us. We can take a short walk to the memorial which commemorates the first landing site of the settlers. When we leave the lighthouse, we will head over to First Landing State Park for a visit to the park’s museum. Weather permitting, we can take a short nature walk to view bald cypress trees, Spanish moss, and more. Wandering through this magical forest gives one a sense of serenity. Picnic lunch (pack a sack lunch).
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Guided tour at the lighthouse
– Entrance to First Landing State Park
– All fees (including admission/permit/tolls, excluding food/drink.
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack your lunch. We have coolers on board the bus to keep your items chilled, or feel free to bring your own insulated lunch box with ice pack. We have picnic blankets and chairs.
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (please print at home, sign and bring to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Cash (it is customary to tip 15%+ to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sunhat if it is a sunny day
– If you are on one of our forested tours: insect repellant; it is advised that you wear long pants and tuck them into knee high light colored socks to protect yourself from ticks. Always be sure to “do a tick check” when you return home.
– Rain jacket/umbrella if needed (we go in light rain)
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be a bit muddy if it rained the day before)
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus).
– $20 cash if you’d like to purchase The Nature Bus t-shirt! You’ll love it. Can only be purchased on board the bus.
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of rain, we provide umbrellas. ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. Save time at check-in by bringing your signed waiver. No restroom on board the bus; arrive early enough to use the rr at REI/Fresh Market grocery store. We will make rr stops throughout the tour. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. Due to lack of storage space, the bus cannot accommodate wheelchairs, walkers, or strollers. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Federal Law no longer “requires” masks be worn on airplanes, trains and buses. Masks are optional.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- Please help fill up this tour! Share on your social media and with everyone you know! We need a minimum of 10 seats, maximum of 16 seats for each tour to go. Spread the word!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
May 16, 2023
10:00 am - 3:00 pm