TOUR NAME: Farm-to-Table Tasting Tour
DATE: Saturday, August 7, 2021
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:30 – 2:30 Please arrive at 10:00 at REI to board the bus.
PRICE: $30 per person; lunch included (tickets available at TheNatureBus.com > Calendar)
DESCRIPTION: Let’s “taste the greenhouse!” It doesn’t get any fresher than this! This farm-to-table experience allows you to tour the hydroponic green house, guided by an expert who will teach us the science behind the foods we eat. Ellie from The Neighborhood Harvest will educate us about the farm/greenhouse processes. The tour culminates with a delicious locally grown, pesticide free, seasonal lunch (included). Vegan, vegetarian, or meat lunches are available. Please specify your preference when you register. Yum!
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We ride with windows partially open, like an open-air tram. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (including admission, farm tour guide)
– LUNCH IS INCLUDED, YUM!
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (or you can sign one on the bus)
– Photo ID
– Cash (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sun hat if it is a hot day
– Rain jacket (we go in light rain). We provide umbrellas on rainy days.
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be muddy at the farm if it rained the day before)
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus)
*We go rain or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. ALL SALES FINAL/ NO REFUNDS. Please dress for the weather. In the case of rain, we simply take cover and wait it out.
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
- August 7, 2021
10:30 am - 2:30 pm