TOUR NAME: First Day Hike with The Nature Bus!
DATE: Monday, January 1st 2024
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (traffic dependent; flexible return time)
Please arrive 15-30 min before departure to board the bus. (REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach)
PRICE: $25 per person (admission to the museum included!)
DESCRIPTION: Begin the New Year by setting the intention to go outside! The Nature Bus will bring you on a guided First Day Walk inspired by the principles of forest bathing. Forest bathing (the Japanese practice of Shinrin-yoku) combines the restorative properties of meditation and nature for a refreshing start to the New Year. As you walk along the trails, your guide will encourage you to look deeply and connect with the natural world around you. The hike will help you to set positive intentions for the year to come. Whether you’re setting a resolution for health or you just enjoy the fresh winter air, we hope you’ll join us for this refreshing, peaceful First Day Hike!
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Hot herbal tea
– All fees (including admission/permit/tolls, excluding food/drink, except tea.
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Bring your lunch and drinks (especially a warm drink, perhaps in a thermos, for the cold weather); we have coolers on board the bus and picnic blankets & folding chairs.
– Reusable, refillable water bottle with water.
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus).
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (please print at home, sign and bring to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Cash (it is customary to tip 15%+ to the guide)
– $20 cash if you’d like to purchase The Nature Bus t-shirt! You’ll love it. Can only be purchased on board the bus.
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be a bit muddy on the trails if it rained the day before)
– Rain jacket/umbrella if needed (we go in light rain)
– Binoculars and camera if preferred
Items to bring for particular tours:
– For winter tours: Warm-weather clothes and comfortable layers
– In very cold temperatures, we recommend the hand and foot warmers (available at REI)
– For summer tours: Water bottle with ice water, sunscreen, sunhat if it is a sunny day
– Forested and camping tours: insect repellant; it is advised that you wear long pants and tuck them into white knee-high socks to protect yourself from ticks. You can also wear a “bug suit” available on Amazon. Always be sure to “do a tick check” when you return home. Google how to do a tick check.
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain and wind, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. Save time at check-in by bringing your signed waiver. No restroom on board the bus; arrive early enough to use the rr at REI/Fresh Market grocery store. We will make rr stops throughout the tour. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. Due to lack of storage space, the bus cannot accommodate wheelchairs or walkers. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Federal Law no longer “requires” masks be worn on airplanes, trains and buses, however we strongly recommend them in the closed in space. It is optional and encouraged to wear your mask while inside of the bus; of course it can be removed when outdoors.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- Please help fill up this tour! Share on your social media and with everyone you know! We need a minimum of 10 seats, maximum of 16 seats for each tour to go. Spread the word!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
January 1, 2024
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm