TOUR NAME: Guided Visit to a Pollinator Habitat
DATE: Saturday, Sept 11, 2021 (rain-date is Sunday, Sept 12)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:30 – 2:30 Please arrive at 10:00 at REI to board the bus.
PRICE: $15 per person (purchase your ticket at TheNatureBus.com > Calendar)
DESCRIPTION: Imagine yourself standing in a flower meadow, with an entomologist (an insect scientist) as our guide! The Diamond Springs Meadow is a small-patch, citizen-maintained pollinator habitat that was created in 2016 in a section of a city-owned community park. A combination of resources, including the City Dept of Parks and Recreation, a local Civic League, the Norfolk Botanical Gardens, local Master Gardeners and Master Naturalists, were tapped in the design, construction, initial planting, vegetation editing and habitat monitoring, Early efforts included data collection, including plants and animals. Current efforts continue the data collection and are turning toward community use. Feel free to bring questions for the entomologist; You will learn everything you ever wanted to know about the benefits of pollinators! Bring your sack lunch; We will have a picnic before heading back.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We ride with windows partially open, like an open-air tram, weather permitting. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. On trains, planes, and buses, it is Federal Law to wear a mask on board. It is ok to remove masks outdoors with 6 foot distancing.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (including naturalist guide at the location; excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack a lunch in an insulated lunch sack with ice pack (or we have coolers on board the bus) and we provide the picnic blankets
– If you are unable to sit on the ground on a picnic blanket, please bring your own SMALL collapsible chair that can fit in the overhead rack (it is a small space)
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (or you can sign one on the bus)
– Photo ID
– CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sun hat if it is a hot day
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we lend you an umbrella; we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of heavy rain, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
September 11, 2021
10:30 am - 2:30 pm