TOUR NAME: Naturalist-Guided Chincoteague Refuge Tour
DATE: Saturday, October 1, 2022
Rain date: Sunday, October 2, 2022 (save both dates)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 7:00 am – 5:00 pm (traffic dependent; flexible return time)
Please arrive at 6:45 am to board the bus. (REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach) to board the bus.
PRICE: $75 per person (10-hour tour)
DESCRIPTION: Join The Nature Bus for a spectacular all day tour to the town of Chincoteague and the National Wildlife Refuge. Participants will be taken up the eastern shore of Virginia and over the marsh causeway to one of the state’s most popular places to visit. Situated on the southern end of Assateague Island, Chincoteague NWR is one of the crown jewels of Virginia natural areas. The Refuge in the fall is a very important stopover location for migrating birds along the Atlantic flyway. This tour will take you onto the refuge along the wonderful wildlife drive, into the marsh to observe the unique Chincoteague Ponies and Delmarva Fox Squirrel, and down to the Atlantic Ocean shoreline. We will also be exploring the beautiful town of Chincoteague at lunchtime. This will be an all-day tour that is not to be missed.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Transportation to two locations (Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge and the town of Chincoteague)
– All fees (including admission/permit to the refuge, CBBT toll, excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services; securing required permits for this tour
THINGS TO BRING:
– Either pack your own lunch (we have coolers on board the bus and picnic blankets and folding chairs) or bring $ to buy your own lunch in the town of Chincoteague.
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (please print at home, sign and bring to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sunhat, insect/tick repellant
– Rain jacket/umbrella if needed (we go in light rain)
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be muddy at the refuge if it rained the day before)
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus)
– CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide); $20 cash if you’d like to purchase The Nature Bus t-shirt!
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain and wind, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. Save time at check-in by bringing your signed waiver. No restroom on board the bus; arrive early enough to use the rr at REI/Fresh Market grocery store. We will make rr stops throughout the tour. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Federal Law no longer “requires” masks be worn on airplanes, trains and buses, however we strongly recommend them in the closed in space. It is optional and encouraged to wear your mask while inside of the bus; of course it can be removed when outdoors.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- Please help fill up this tour! Share on your social media and with everyone you know! We need a minimum of 10 seats, maximum of 16 seats for each tour to go. Spread the word!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
|show details +||$75.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: May 1, 2022 11:55 am
Sales End: October 2, 2022 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
October 1, 2022
7:00 am - 5:00 pm