NOTE: Departing from Cavalier Beach Club every Thursday/June – Sept/ 9-11am Naturalist-Guided Walk at First Landing State Park; 1:30-3:30 Historian-Guided Tour of Virginia Beach
TOUR NAME: Naturalist-Guided Walk at First Landing State Park
DATE: Thursday, August 11th, 2022
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 9:00 am – 11:00 am (2 hour tour) Pick-up and drop-off at the Cavalier Beach Club 4200 Atlantic Ave. Virginia Beach, VA 23451
DESCRIPTION: Say YES to new adventures! For this special tour, participants will travel on board The Nature Bus! We will enter First Landing State Park, a magically beautiful forest where Spanish moss hangs overhead. A naturalist will point out interesting nature facts and the history of the location. Walk with the naturalist through Virginia’s most visited State Park, learn about and experience this remarkable landscape of cypress swamps, salt marshes, maritime forest and dunes. Hop back onto The Nature Bus to return to the Cavalier Beach Club.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (including admission fee to the First Landing State Park; expert naturalist guide; excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING/WEAR:
– Purchase your ticket at TheNatureBus.com > Calendar
– Bring a snack for your pocket that can be eaten while walking through the forest and a bottle of water
– Dress for the weather and trail conditions; layered clothing, rain jacket, comfortable walking shoes (if it rained the day before, it could be a bit muddy on the trail)
– water bottle, sunscreen, sun hat if it is a hot day
– Please bring CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide)
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. In the case of light rain, we lend you an umbrella; we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain and high winds, we cancel the tour; you receive a refund. ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS unless we cancel the tour.
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus.
*NOTE: All participants are required to complete + sign the waiver form. The form will be provided on board the bus before departure, or you can print it here: https://thenaturebus.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NB_Waiver1.pdf
*ALL OF OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We ride with windows partially open, like an open-air tram (weather permitting). Please stay away if you are not feeling well or have a fever. On trains, planes, and buses it is no longer a Federal Law to wear your mask; it is optional, yet highly recommended in the closed-in space on the bus.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
Venue: Cavalier Beach Club
August 11, 2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am