CAMP NAME: Nature Quest Summer Camp 2023 Week #4
*AGES 8-12; ONLY 16 CAMPERS WILL BE ACCEPTED/SESSION for this extra special opportunity. Register for just one week, or more weeks. Each week is UNIQUE, so go ahead and register for all four (4) sessions!!!
WEEK FOUR DATES: August 7-11
Week 1 = June 26-30 Week 2 = July 10-14 Week 3 = July 24-28 Week 4 = August 7-11
TIME: 9 am – 3 pm
DESCRIPTION: THIS CAMP IS LED BY TWO CERTIFIED ELEMENTARY TEACHERS! Nature Quest has been designed with your nature-loving child in mind! Hop-on-board The Nature Bus! Each day will be filled with outdoor nature activities and adventures. Activities will include: visits to different outdoor parks an nature preserves; flora an fauna observation + identification; exploring different ecosystems, creating sand sculptures; swimming; nature journaling; watercolor painting; environmental stewardship; nature meditations; eco arts; fun and games; naturalist challenges; and much, much more! When children quiet down in nature, they can tap into their natural curiosity. At camp we will slow down and use all of the senses to experience the energies of the natural world. By practicing mindfulness, campers will learn to cultivate a sense of peace, awe and wonder.
NOTES: We depart each day from REI, Town Center, Virginia Beach. No discounts are available for siblings; each seat is $350 for the week. Once purchased, we do not offer refunds; all sale are final. Last year this camp filled up immediately, so we advise that you purchase your child’s spot now!
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (gasoline, special use permits; entrance fees; excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack a picnic lunch each day; we have coolers on board the bus; we provide picnic blankets (Allergy List will be sent to you when all participants have registered; please don’t pack items on the list)
– Printed, signed waivers; completed camp packet – application and forms (A couple of weeks before camp begins, we will send you these camp forms; you will need these to board the bus)
– Water bottle
– Rain jacket; rain boots; we provide umbrellas
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes
– Appropriate clothing for the day, swim suit, towel, water shoes
– The camp packet will have a list of recommended supplies to keep your camper safe and comfortable
- We look forward to seeing your child at camp! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that s/he will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you in July!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. In the case of light rain, we lend you an umbrella; we simply take cover and wait it out. Intermittent rain won’t stop the fun. No matter the weather, we will hold camp. We have picnic shelters and/or some local indoor nature venues where we can take cover. ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS.
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus.
*NOTE: In addition to the general waiver, all participants are required to complete + sign a consent for minors paperwork (it will be in your camp packet)
*ALL OF OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; CHILDREN SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We often ride with windows partially cracked open for some airflow, like an open-air tram (weather permitting). Please stay away if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Children will be required to wear cross-the-shoulder seat belts at all times while the bus is moving. After all registrations are finalized, we will send out a list of participant allergies; please do not put these items into your child’s lunch.
August 7, 2023 - August 11, 2023
9:00 am - 3:00 pm