TOUR NAME: New Year ‘First Day Hike” with Naturalist James Abbott
DATE: Saturday, January 1st, 2022 (rain-date is Sunday, January 2nd)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 1:30 – 4:30 Please arrive at 1:00 at REI to board the bus.
PRICE: $25 per person (purchase your ticket at TheNatureBus.com > Calendar)
DESCRIPTION: This is such a FUN way to meet new friends on New Year’s Day. Hop-on-board The Nature Bus to start your New Year 2022 with a “fresh” start! The air will be fresh and crisp as we walk on the trail with James Abbott, a highly regarded naturalist. “First Day Hike,” a nationwide initiative, is hosted by America’s State Parks. All across the country, in every state park, folks like you will be joining a nature walk to get their new year off on the right foot. Slip your feet into come comfortable walking shoes, bundle up warm, and show up for yourself. The Nature Bus is the perfect way to meet new friends while the naturalist points out the interesting nature fun facts along the trail. Pack a sack lunch; something easy to carry in a backpack on your back. Bring yourself a warm thermos of hot cocoa, coffee or soup! We will stop in the forest for a winter picnic.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (including admission fee to the park; naturalist guide on the trail; excluding food/drink)
– Binoculars (we loan you a pair of bins to borrow during the tour)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Bring your lunch + drinks (especially HOT drinks to warm your insides)
– Printed/signed waiver (pre-print at home to save time at checkin time)
– Photo ID
– CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide)
– Dress for the weather; layers. It may be a cold day. If very cold, we suggest foot warmers + hand warmers (available at REI).
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we lend you an umbrella; we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of heavy rain or icy roads, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OF OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. This tour will be several miles of walking, at a slow pace, guided by the naturalist. We will stop to rest and picnic along the way.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We ride with windows partially open, like an open-air tram (weather permitting). Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. On trains, planes, and buses it is Federal Law to wear your mask.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
January 1, 2022
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm