TOUR NAME: Painting Among the Tulips
DATE: Saturday, April 1, 2023
Rain date: Sunday, April 2, 2023 (save both dates)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:30 am – 3:00 pm (traffic dependent; flexible return time)
Please arrive at 10-10:15 am to board the bus. (REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach) to board the bus. Our destination is: https://www.historicgreenbrierfarms.com/
PRICE: $45 per person (paint supplies and charcuterie snacks included)
Join us for a day of peaceful creativity and elegance as we overlook the tulip fields, enjoy farm-to-table snacks, and participate in a step-by-step plein air watercolor painting! We’ll welcome the first days of spring by painting one of its beautiful icons, the tulip. When you arrive at the tulip farm, you’ll be met by a picturesque arrangement of charcuterie-style snacks grown and prepared by the farm. The table will overlook the tulip fields, your inspiration for the day. As you enjoy your farm-to-table snacks, an experienced watercolorist will lead you through a step-by-step painting of the tulip fields. Plein air watercolor painting allows you to engage with the natural beauty around you. No previous painting experience is needed; your guide will lead you through warm-up exercises and guide you along the way to a lovely painting. We will encapsulate the beauty of spring in our painting, leaving you to take home a beautiful memento of a lovely day!
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Watercolor supplies (paints, brushes, paper, smocks)
– Charcuterie-style picnic snacks
– Step-by-step guidance by an experienced watercolorist
– All fees (including admission/permit/tolls, excluding food/drink, unless otherwise stated above)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack your own lunch (we have coolers on board the bus and picnic blankets and folding chairs) or bring CASH $ to buy your own lunch at farm. We will provide light charcuterie-style snacks. There is a farmer’s market at the farm. When we arrive, you will have some time to shop and/or purchase your lunch and drinks at The Hive Farm Bar & Grill ( https://www.historicgreenbrierfarms.com/thehive )
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (please print at home, sign and bring to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Cash (it is customary to tip 15%+ to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sunhat if it is a sunny day
– insect repellant (for forested tours)
– Rain jacket/umbrella if needed (we go in light rain)
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be muddy at the refuge if it rained the day before)
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus)
– $20 cash if you’d like to purchase The Nature Bus t-shirt! You’ll love it. Can only be purchased on board the bus.
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain and wind, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. Save time at check-in by bringing your signed waiver. No restroom on board the bus; arrive early enough to use the rr at REI/Fresh Market grocery store. We will make rr stops throughout the tour. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. Due to lack of storage space, the bus cannot accommodate wheelchairs or walkers. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Federal Law no longer “requires” masks be worn on airplanes, trains and buses, however we strongly recommend them in the closed in space. It is optional and encouraged to wear your mask while inside of the bus; of course it can be removed when outdoors.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- Please help fill up this tour! Share on your social media and with everyone you know! We need a minimum of 10 seats, maximum of 16 seats for each tour to go. Spread the word!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
|show details +||$45.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: February 23, 2023 6:50 pm
Sales End: April 2, 2023 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
April 1, 2023
10:30 am - 3:00 pm