TOUR NAME: Pajama Llama – Overnight Llama Trekking!
*SAVE THE DATE! This tour will go on sale beginning of April.
DATE: Saturday, Sept. 9 and 10, 2023
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): overnight trip departing at 8:30 am on Saturday, Sept. 9th; returning Sunday, Sept. 10 7:00 ish (tunnel traffic dependent)
Please arrive at REI to board the bus at 8 am with your ticket and signed waiver form. REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA
DESCRIPTION: Let’s go CAMPING overnight outside of Charlottesville, VA. The Nature Bus will be “your wheels” for the whole weekend! We will set up the tents and bring all the rest of the camping gear. Bring your own sleeping mat, sleeping bag (or blankets) and a pillow. Enjoy serenity, rolling pastures and a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. View the stars while sitting around a camp fire (weather permitting). Visit/pet the llamas in the show barn. Flush toilet and cold/hot running water available in the barn. We will venture out to discover the surrounding area. The Charlottesville/Crozet/Afton area is beautiful. Let’s go explore it. As a group, we can decide to take a ride to the Skyline Drive, or visit a winery, or take in another activity. It is always an option to stay back and relax in a hammock at camp. This is a family-friendly event; children welcome. You are welcome to bring your dog (IF your pet is friendly with all people and animals; must show up-to-date vet/shot records). Pups cannot attend the llama walk (below).
Do you want to go Llama Trekking? Walk with the llamas! This optional activity is a 2-mile nature walk along the pastures and into the woods with your own llama. You get to pick out “your llama” from the many they have in the pasture. The farmer said there will probably be baby llamas at that time!
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Transportation all weekend on The Nature Bus!
– All fees (Llama trekking, camping fees, gasoline, highway tolls; excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Meals – Pack your food; we have coolers on board the bus. BYOB for evening campfire (weather permitting). You can choose to eat your food at the camp, or optional ride to local restaurant establishments for some meals.
– Your printed/digital ticket (or your cell phone ticket)
– Printed/signed waiver (print and complete at home; you will need this to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Water bottle
– Rain jacket
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes. If it rained recently, the trails might be muddy. Consider bringing rain boots.
– Snacks (granola bars, trail mix, etc.)
– Sleeping bag or blankets, camp pad if preferred, pillow (we provide tents, but you are welcome to bring your own)
– There is a farm store and a cottage bakery. Bring $ if you want to shop.
– CASH – it is customary to tip 15% for your guide
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. In the case of light rain, we lend you an umbrella; we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain or icy roads, we cancel the tour; you receive a refund. ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS unless we cancel the tour.
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus.
*ALL OF OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Please stay away if you are not feeling well or have a fever. On trains, planes, and buses it is no longer a Federal Law to wear your mask; masks are optional.
|show details +||$120.00 (USD)||Goes On Sale|
April 1, 2023
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: April 1, 2023 8:00 am
Sales End: September 10, 2023 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
September 9, 2023 - September 10, 2023
8:30 am - 7:00 pm