TOUR NAME: Plein Air Sunflower Painting
DATE: Saturday, August 26, 2023
Rain date: Sunday, August 27, 2023 (save both dates)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:30 am – 2:30 pm (traffic dependent; flexible return time)
Please arrive at 10-10:15 am to board the bus. (REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach) to board the bus.
PRICE: $45 per person (paint supplies and charcuterie snacks included)
DESCRIPTION: Capture the beautiful transition from summer to fall by painting stunning sunflowers in a plein air watercolor class! We will travel aboard The Nature Bus to a guided watercolor class in the sunflower fields. You will get the chance to wander through the sunflower fields, selecting the perfect sunflower to cut and serve as your reference. Once you have chosen your subject, you will be provided with all the supplies you need to capture the sunflower’s beauty in watercolor. Your guide will lead you through the step-by-step process of painting your sunflower. Afterwards, we will enjoy lunch together amidst the sunflowers (please bring your own lunch). Whether you’re a beginner or experienced watercolorist, you will love painting among the sunflowers!
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Watercolor supplies (paints, brushes, paper, smocks)
– One sunflower cutting
– Step-by-step guidance by an experienced watercolorist
– All fees (including admission/permit/tolls, excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack a lunch; we have coolers on board the bus and picnic blankets and folding chairs)
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (please print at home, sign and bring to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Cash (it is customary to tip 15%+ to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sunhat if it is a hot day
– insect repellant or bug suit if preferred (mostly recommended for forested tours)
– Rain jacket/umbrella if needed (we go in light rain)
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be muddy if it rained the day before)
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus)
– $20 cash if you’d like to purchase The Nature Bus t-shirt! You’ll love it. Can only be purchased on board the bus.
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain and wind, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. Save time at check-in by bringing your signed waiver. No restroom on board the bus; arrive early enough to use the rr at REI/Fresh Market grocery store. We will make rr stops throughout the tour. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. Due to lack of storage space, the bus cannot accommodate wheelchairs or walkers. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. If you cannot go, pass your ticket on to a friend or neighbor. Federal Law no longer “requires” masks be worn on airplanes, trains and buses, however we strongly recommend them in the closed in space. It is optional and encouraged to wear your mask while inside of the bus; of course it can be removed when outdoors.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- Please help fill up this tour! Share on your social media and with everyone you know! We need a minimum of 10 seats, maximum of 16 seats for each tour to go. Spread the word!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
August 26, 2023
10:30 am - 2:30 pm