TOUR NAME: Ride The Nature Bus to the ZOO!
DATE: Saturday, October 9 2021
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:30 – 2:30
Note: All sales are final; we do not offer refunds.
DESCRIPTION: You’ve wanted to ride The Nature Bus with your child(ren) and what better place to “ride to…..” THE ZOO! The heat of the summer months may be passed by October, so we are hoping for a lovely day. If it rains, we can use umbrellas. The animals love to play in the rain!
Hurry to purchase your ticket: We have ten (10) spots for children and four (4) spots for adults, so hurry to get your tickets before they are sold out.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. We ride with all of the windows partially open for optimal air flow. Federal Law requires masks on planes, trains and buses.
10:15 am – board The Nature Bus at REI
10:30 am – depart for the zoo
10:50 (traffic permitting) – Arrive at the zoo
10:50 – 2:00 view the animals at the zoo
1:00 – 2:00 picnic at the park (pack your lunch; we will provide picnic blankets)
2:00 depart; return to REI by 2:30
REQUIRED FORMS FOR MINORS: Children 12+ can participate without an adult. Children under 12 must be accompanied with an adult. ID is required. If this adult is not the child’s legal parent, it is law that the parent fills out 2 required forms (1. Consent to treat minor form 2. Assumption of Risk and Waiver for Minors). These forms can be found on the website TheNatureBus.com > Registration > Important Forms These forms will be collected at the door when boarding the bus. They will be required.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All permits, fees, tolls and entrance fees (excluding food)
– Expert pre-planning service
THINGS TO BRING:
– Your digital or printed/digital ticket (EACH PARTICIPANT – adult and child – will need a ticket to board)
– Printed/signed waiver (required for each adult and each child)
– Photo ID for adults
– All required consent + waiver forms for minors (if you are not the legal guardian)
– Pack your lunch/drink and water bottle with water and ice
– Dress for the weather. Rain gear if needed for light rain. Rain jacket/umbrella. A sunhat and sunglasses to keep sun off of the face on a hot sunny day. We go rain or shine. Reminder – all sales final; we do not offer refunds.
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be muddy if it rained the day before)
– PLEASE, NO FOOD OR DRINK PERMITTED IN THE MAIN CABIN OF THE BUS. PERSONAL FOOD IS ALSO NOT PERMITTED INSIDE THE ZOO; THEY HAVE A CAFE. You are welcome to pack snacks and lunch for our picnic, but please only eat in the designated picnic area when we arrive at the park where we will picnic. We will ask you to stow away your food in the 3 coolers we have on board. Water is allowed.
– While traveling, it is a bit windy on the bus with the windows open (like an open-air tram due to Covid safety considerations).
*We go rain or shine, unless it is very heavy rain. See our FAQ for our weather policy.
*PLEASE, for safety: remind your child to stay seated at all times, with a seatbelt on.
*THIS TOUR INVOLVES SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF WALKING; CHILDREN AND ADULTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. PLEASE INFORM US (during the registration process) OF ANY HEALTH CONCERNS THAT YOU WANT US TO BE AWARE OF.
- October 9, 2021
10:30 am - 2:30 pm