TOUR NAME: Saturday Escape #6 – Revealed by 12 pm on Thursday, February 6th
DATE: Saturday, February 8th
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:15 – 2:30 (4 hours)
Travel across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, awarded as one of the “Seven Engineering Wonders of the Modern World,” and explore a natural area on the Eastern Shore with a guide. We will head to Savage Neck Dunes Natural Area Preserve. It contains Chesapeake Bay beach, dune, and maritime forest communities. Your guide will point out the marvels of this habitat.
Important Note *There will be one individual bringing therapy dog. No additional dogs permitted on this particular tour (however we have 2 dog tours coming up soon!)
We will depart from REI at 10:15 and return to REI around 2:30. The nature walk will be 2 hours long (11:30 – 1:30) two hours of walking through forest and on a beach.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (including admission/guided tour, fees for the CBBT; excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Cash/card for your food, drinks (or pack a lunch; we have coolers on board the bus)
– Your printed/digital ticket (or your cell phone ticket)
– Printed/signed waiver (or you can sign one on the bus)
– Photo ID
– Cash/Card for your beer, lunch, tips for guide and driver
– Water bottle
– Rain jacket
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/water shoes for beach
– Snacks (granola bars, trail mix, etc.) for your pocket while walking (please no eating on the bus)
*We go rain or shine, see our weather policy FAQs page. ALL SALES FINAL/ NO REFUNDS
*YOUR FEE INCLUDES TRANSPORTATION, TOUR GUIDE, ADMISSION FEES, AND/OR RENTALS WHEN APPLICABLE. FOOD/DRINK NOT INCLUDED. BRING $ FOR LUNCH OR PACK YOUR SACK LUNCH. WE HAVE COOLERS ON BOARD.
*RULES: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. *WE GO RAIN OR SHINE, SO DRESS FOR THE WEATHER. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. *WE DEPART EXACTLY ON TIME PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MIN BEFORE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE
- February 8, 2020
10:15 am - 2:30 pm