TOUR NAME: Saturday Escape – Winter Nature Walk
DATE: Saturday, March 14th
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 4 hours 9:30 – 1:30 (arrive 1t 9:15 please) DEPARTURE from REI 350 Independence Blvd. Virginia Beach
DESCRIPTION: More than 7500 acres in size, Newport News Park is one of the largest municipal parks east of the Mississippi. Join biologist Elisabeth Wilkins in this healthy urban forest for a walk and talk along the White Oak Trail, discussing forest ecology.
*Open to everyone. All ages welcome.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (including admission/guided tour, excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack snacks/lunch that can be eaten while walking; we have coolers on board the bus. We suggest a sandwich, trail mix, granola bars.
– Your printed/digital ticket (or your cell phone ticket)
– Printed/signed waiver; it saves valuable time if everyone brings this waiver already completed, however we do have them on the bus for individuals who forget theirs
– Photo ID
– Tip for your guide and driver
– Water bottle
– Rain jacket
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/water shoes for beach
– Snacks (granola bars, trail mix, etc.) for your pocket while walking (please no eating on the bus)
*We go rain or shine, see our weather policy FAQs page. ALL SALES FINAL/ NO REFUNDS
*YOUR FEE INCLUDES TRANSPORTATION, TOUR GUIDE, ADMISSION FEES, AND/OR RENTALS WHEN APPLICABLE. FOOD/DRINK NOT INCLUDED. PACK YOUR SACK LUNCH. WE HAVE COOLERS ON BOARD.
*RULES: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. *WE GO RAIN OR SHINE, SO DRESS FOR THE WEATHER. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. *WE DEPART EXACTLY ON TIME PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MIN BEFORE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE
March 14, 2020
9:30 am - 1:30 pm