TOUR NAME: School’s Out Family Adventure: Dino Day and Farm Exploration
DATE: Saturday, June 10, 2023
Rain date: Sunday, June 11, 2023 (save both dates)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (traffic dependent; flexible return time)
Please arrive 15-30 min before departure to board the bus. (REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach)
PRICE: $35 per person (dinosaur egg for each child included!)
DESCRIPTION: School’s out and we want to celebrate with you and your family! Join us on The Nature Bus for a morning of Jurassic exploration and a farm visit. We will begin our day boarding The Nature Bus at REI, headed to Pungo. Along the way, we will play dinosaur-themed games and talk all things fossil and Jurassic! At The Dinosaur Park, families are free to explore independently or join Tori the Tour Guide for a walk-through where we will learn about each dinosaur (we may even learn how to make dinosaur sounds!). Before leaving The Dinosaur Park, every child will receive a dinosaur egg to take home. At 11:30am, we will leave The Dinosaur Park and head to Cullipher Farm. Located on the fertile Pungo Ridge in southern VA Beach, Cullipher Farm is family owned and operated by generations of Culliphers. Families can explore the farm, meet the farm’s two cows, and play on a playground unlike any other! Ice cream, honey sticks, fresh fruit and more are available at the farm for purchase. At 1:30pm, we will board The Nature Bus and head back to REI talking about our new dinosaur friends and farm adventures. Kick off your family Summer by spending time together on a grand adventure, and leave the planning to us! Bathrooms are available at the Aviation Museum and Cullipher Farm.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Transportation to and from The Aviation Museum and Cullipher Farm in Virginia Beach
– Guided family exploration of The Dinosaur Park at The Aviation Museum by “Tori the Tour Guide!”
– A dinosaur egg for each child to take home.
– Free exploration of Cullipher Farms (parents can purchase ice cream, honey sticks, fresh fruit and more). Children can play on the farm-style playground and meet the farm’s two cows!
– All fees (including gasoline/admission/permit/tolls, excluding food/drink.
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack your lunch. We have coolers on board the bus to keep your items chilled, or feel free to bring your own insulated lunch box with ice pack. We will provide picnic blankets.
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (please print at home, sign and bring to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Cash (it is customary to tip 15%+ to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sunhat if it is a sunny day
– If you are on one of our forested tours: insect repellant; it is advised that you wear long pants and tuck them into knee high light colored socks to protect yourself from ticks. Always be sure to “do a tick check” when you return home.
– Rain jacket/umbrella if needed (we go in light rain)
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be a bit muddy if it rained the day before)
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus).
– $20 cash if you’d like to purchase The Nature Bus t-shirt! You’ll love it. Can only be purchased on board the bus.
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain and wind, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. Save time at check-in by bringing your signed waiver. No restroom on board the bus; arrive early enough to use the rr at REI/Fresh Market grocery store. We will make rr stops throughout the tour. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. Due to lack of storage space, the bus cannot accommodate wheelchairs or walkers. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. No exceptions. If you cannot attend, you may gift your ticket to someone.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Tickets are not refundable; you may offer your ticket to a friend or family member. Federal Law no longer “requires” masks be worn on airplanes, trains and buses, however we strongly recommend them in the closed in space. It is optional and encouraged to wear your mask while inside of the bus; of course it can be removed when outdoors.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- Please help fill up this tour! Share on your social media and with everyone you know! We need a minimum of 10 seats, maximum of 16 seats for each tour to go. Spread the word!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
June 10, 2023
10:00 am - 2:00 pm