TOUR NAME: Stargazing Tour with The Nature Bus
DATE: Friday, July 16, 2021 (rain-date is Friday, July 23)
Rain-date: Friday, July 23 (be sure to clear BOTH dates on your calendar before purchasing a ticket; (Tickets are not refundable)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 7:00 pm departure – 10:30 pm return (flexible return time) Please arrive at 7:00 pm sharp to board the bus.
PRICE: $25 per person (purchase your ticket at TheNatureBus.com > Calendar)
DESCRIPTION: The stars have aligned to prove it is time to go on The Nature Bus’s night sky experience. Visit a country location, free of light pollution, and look through telescopes at starry skies with local astronomers. There will be an on-board guide with an astronomy presentation while we drive to the destination! We hope for a clear sky, but we cannot guarantee the weather. We have a rain-date set in the case of rain.
7:00 pm – Board The Nature Bus at 7:00 pm at REI, 350 Independence Blvd, VB. It will take 15 min to 1/2 an hour to get everyone checked-in and waiver’s signed. There is no toilet on board the bus, so please head into REI or Fresh Market grocery store to use the RR before boarding the bus. We always board the bus in the order that you arrive at REI and get checked in. First come, first seat selection.
7:30 – 8:00 (traffic permitting) – Travel on board The Nature Bus to the Stargazing location in Chesapeake, VA. Enjoy the special time with the astronomer on board the bus. He will have an astronomy power point presentation; there is a small tv screen on board the bus. Sit in the front seats to see the screen better. We board the bus in the order people arrive at REI.
8:00 pm Meet the astronomers. Set up telescopes. Wait for the night sky to go through the three phases of twilight until finally it becomes dark. There will be the “first stars” of the night and then when dark it will be ideal for looking at galaxies, the moon, and planets. We will stay as long as all participants and astronomers are enjoying the night sky. Our return time to REI will be flexible, and estimated around 10:30-ish.
REVIEWS: on our return trip we will ask you to please write a review on Google-My-Business and/or Facebook Reviews to help others have an excellent experience on board The Nature Bus.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We have a hand sanitizing station at the door of the bus. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Masks are suggested. We ride with all of the windows partially open for optimal air flow.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All permits, fees, and tolls (excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning service
– On-board tour guide program
– Use of equipment (telescope & binoculars)
THINGS TO BRING:
– Your digital or printed/digital ticket
– Printed/signed waiver
– Another specialized covid waiver (you will be asked to sign this one on the bus)
– Photo ID
– CASH – it is customary to tip 15% for the presenter/guide tips for guide
– Water bottle with water and ice
– Dress for the weather. Rain gear if needed for light rain. Rain jacket/umbrella. A jacket for the evening; it can get a bit cool when the sun goes down.
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be muddy in the fields if it rained the day before)
– Insect repellant as needed.
– You are welcome to pack snacks and drinks, but please eat them outdoors when we arrive at our destination. PLEASE, NO FOOD OR DRINK PERMITTED ON THE BUS.
– While traveling, you can store your items either under your seat or on the overhead rack. It’s easiest for you if you pack everything into a bag or backpack.
*We go rain or shine, see our weather policy FAQs page. ALL SALES FINAL/ NO REFUNDS/TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. Please dress for the weather. In the case of rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. For very heavy rain and lightning, we will move the tour to the rain-date: Friday, July 23rd. Be sure to clear BOTH dates before purchasing tickets.
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive before the departure time. We do not wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know you are running late because we will driving. Please plan on a slightly flexible return time; other factors may adjust the return time slightly.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
July 16, 2021
7:00 pm - 10:30 pm