TOUR NAME: U-Pick Lavender
DATE: Saturday, June 11, 2022
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 12:00 noon – 7:00 pm
Please arrive at 11:30 at REI 350 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach to board the bus. We will return to REI by 7:00/7:30 ish, however it is tunnel-traffic dependent.
PRICE: $50 per person, includes a small bouquet of lavender
DESCRIPTION: The Nature Bus invites you to spend the afternoon with us! Hop on for a ride to Merchant Square, Williamsburg’s 18th century style retail village with over 40 shops and restaurants. It is adjacent to Colonial Williamsburg’s Historic Area. We will spend 2 hours here. Take in lunch and a cocktail. Then we will sweep you off to a gorgeous flower farm where you can pick your own flowers! Make a beautiful bouquet for yourself or for someone you love. The lovely lavender fields make nice backdrops with natural lighting for your cell camera photo shoot. From the farm’ s website, “also available for purchase at the farm is delicious, locally churned lavender ice creams, fresh baked goods and candies, lavender cotton candy, and lavender lemonade and sweet tea. The gift shop has lavender skincare, gifts, and culinary products.”
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Transportation to two locations (Merchants Square and the Lavender Farm)
– All fees (including admission ticket to the farm, a small lavender bouquet, excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Either pack your own lunch (we have coolers on board the bus and picnic blankets) or bring $ to buy your own lunch in Merchants Square, Williamsburg. We recommend you call ahead to make a reservation for 2:00 pm (for several if you want to suggest others on the bus join you; make new friends!) Here is a link to some of the restaurants within walking distance of where we will park the bus: https://merchantssquare.org/dining/
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (please print at home, sign and bring to board the bus)
– Photo ID
– Water bottle, sunscreen, LARGE BRIM SUN HATS if it is a hot day (hint: large colorful sun-hats make for a FUN photoshoot)
– Rain jacket/umbrella if needed (we go in light rain)
– Closed-toed/tennis shoes/boots (if could be muddy on the farm if it rained the day before)
– Snacks for your pocket when walking outdoors (please no eating on the bus)
– CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide)
Important NOTES “Know before you go” ~
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of heavy rain, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 30 min before departure. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. Feel free to open your window if you prefer. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. It is no longer Federal Law for masks to be worn on airplanes, trains and buses. It is optional, however recommended.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
June 11, 2022
12:00 pm - 7:00 pm