NOTE: Departing from Cavalier Beach Club every Thursday/June – Sept/ 9-11am Naturalist-Guided Walk at First Landing State Park; 1:30-3:30 Historian-Guided Tour of Virginia Beach
TOUR NAME: Virginia Beach History Tour
DATE: Thursday, June 16th, 2022
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm (2 hour tour) Pick-up and drop-off at the Cavalier Beach Club 4200 Atlantic Ave. Virginia Beach, VA 23451
PRICE: $35/person; includes a drink!
DESCRIPTION: Say YES to new adventures! For this unique historian-guided tour, participants will travel on board The Nature Bus! Ready for a whole new perspective on Virginia Beach’s famous oceanfront? Want to see the Beach when it resembled a wild West town? The historian gives a running narrative during the trip, accompanied with slides showing glimpses of the past. There are drive-bys and short stops at several important sites.
Projected Itinerary (subject to change).
• Explore the Wildfowl Museum. Peek in on the first Virginia Beach library and tour the historic DeWitt Cottage that was the first brick residence at the ocean front. Short Stop.
• See the Beach’s oldest surviving lodging accommodations, and one of few remaining examples of the Virginia Beach-style cottages. It still has guests as a B&B. Drive-By.
• See the site of a former storied music venue, the Virginia Beach Dome. Named for Virginia Beach’s hometown astronaut Alan Sheppard. Get a glimpse of the unique music scene at the beach and site of projected Pharrell Williams surf park. Drive-By
• Learn about this early home of the President and First Lady to be, George and Barbara Bush. Learn a little about their novel host at Seldon Manor. Drive-By.
• Visit the new and historic Cavalier Hotel. Ponder the mysterious death here of Adolph Coors. Learn of their famous and infamous guests. Optional drink! Stop with walk.
• Greystone Mansion boasted one of the first elevators at the Beach, an underground tunnel, moat, and its own windmill & power plant. Former Uber property. Short stop.
• The gardens at the Edgar Cayce Foundation & learn of the Beach’s famous seer. Short stop.
• Follow the route of the City’s early rail line along Atlantic Ave. Drive-By.
• Imagine Seaview Beach Resort, the exclusive African American neighbor to Seashore.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (expert historian guide; includes a drink! Excluding other food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING/WEAR:
– Purchase your ticket at TheNatureBus.com > Calendar
– Bring a snack for your pocket that can be eaten while whenever stepping off of the bus, and bring a bottle of water
– Dress for the weather, rain jacket, comfortable shoes
– water bottle, sunscreen, sun hat if it is a hot day
– Please bring CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide)
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. In the case of light rain, we lend you an umbrella; we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of very heavy rain and high winds, we cancel the tour; you receive a refund. ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS unless we cancel the tour.
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus.
*NOTE: All participants are required to complete + sign the waiver form. The form will be provided on board the bus before departure, or you can print it here: https://thenaturebus.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NB_Waiver1.pdf
*ALL OF OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT TO HOP ON AND OFF OF THE BUS AT SEVERAL LOCATIONS.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We ride with windows partially open, like an open-air tram (weather permitting). Please stay away if you are not feeling well or have a fever. On trains, planes, and buses it is no longer a Federal Law to wear your mask; it is optional, yet highly recommended in the closed-in space on the bus.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
Venue: Cavalier Beach Club
June 16, 2022
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm