TOUR NAME: Watercolor in the Woods
DATE: Saturday, August 28, 2021 (rain-date is Sunday, August 29)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 10:30 – 2:30 Please arrive at 10:00 at REI to board the bus.
PRICE: $35 per person (purchase your ticket at TheNatureBus.com > Calendar)
DESCRIPTION: Let nature inspire your creativity as we travel to Sandy Bottom Nature Park for a guided watercolor class. We will travel aboard the Nature Bus to the park, where you will find all of the supplies you need to create a watercolor landscape of the world around you. Your guide will lead you through the step-by-step process of observing and painting the beautiful wetlands of Sandy Bottom. Afterwards, we will enjoy lunch together on picnic blankets (please bring your own lunch; picnic blanket provided). Whether you are a beginner or an experienced painter, we hope you will join us for this creative journey!
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We ride with windows partially open, like an open-air tram. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– Watercolor supplies (paints, brushes, paper, smocks)
– Step-by-step guidance by an experienced watercolorist
– All fees (including admission to the park; excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack a lunch in an insulated lunch sack with ice pack (or we have coolers on board the bus) and we provide the picnic blankets
– If you are unable to sit on the ground on a picnic blanket, please bring your own SMALL collapsible chair that can fit in the overhead rack (it is a small space)
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (or you can sign one on the bus)
– Photo ID
– CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sun hat if it is a hot day
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of heavy rain, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read them at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
August 28, 2021
10:30 am - 2:30 pm