TOUR NAME: Naturalist James Abbott is Back!
DATE: Saturday, September 25, 2021 (rain-date is Sunday, September 26)
DURATION (ROUND TRIP): 9:00 – 2:00 Please arrive at 8:45 at REI to board the bus.
PRICE: $30 per person (purchase your ticket at TheNatureBus.com > Calendar)
The Nature Bus will travel to Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge (BBNWR). This time a completely different trail, and a naturalist/birding perspective. You don’t want to miss this tour. Right in the “backyard of Coastal Virginia”, this unique coastal maritime scrub habitat has stunning scenery of dunes and marshes. Back Bay is an important ecosystem for many imperiled plant and animal species and in September is a vital stopover area for thousands of birds on their fall migration south. Join us to walk the scenic trails, learn about the amazing phenomenon of migration, and observe some of the over 200 species of birds with naturalist and educator James Abbott. Bring your own binoculars or The Nature Bus can provide you a pair to use. Pack your sack lunch for a picnic in the shade of a tree. The National Wildlife Refuge System, within the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, manages a national network of lands and waters, like Back Bay, set aside to conserve America’s fish, wildlife, and plants.
Watch this virtual tour to get an idea where we will be heading: https://thenaturebus.com/virtual-walk-at-back-bay-national-wildlife-refuge/
COVID SAFETY MEASURES: We care about the health and safety of those participating in our nature experiences. The Nature Bus has been outfitted with dividers between rows of seats. The bus is sanitized between each tour. We ride with windows partially open, like an open-air tram. Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever. On trains, planes, and buses it is Federal Law to wear your mask.
– Air conditioned/heated new vehicle
– All fees (including admission fee to the refuge; naturalist guide at the location; excluding food/drink)
– Expert pre-planning services
THINGS TO BRING:
– Pack a lunch in an insulated lunch sack with ice pack (or we have coolers on board the bus) and we provide the picnic blankets
– If you are unable to sit on the ground on a picnic blanket, please bring your own very SMALL collapsible chair that can fit in the overhead rack (it is a small space)
– Your digital/printed ticket
– Printed/signed waiver (or you can sign one on the bus)
– Photo ID
– CASH (it is customary to tip 15% to the guide)
– Water bottle, sunscreen, sun hat if it is a hot day
*We go “light rain” or shine. See our weather policy FAQs page. Please dress for the weather. In the case of light rain, we lend you an umbrella; we simply take cover and wait it out. In the case of heavy rain, we move the experience to our rain-date. Be sure both dates will work for you (the original date and the rain-date). ALL SALES FINAL/NO REFUNDS
*PLEASE: Eating, drinking, chewing gum is not permitted on the bus. Please arrive 15-30 min before departure. We cannot wait for latecomers because we must adhere to our planned itinerary. Therefore we must pull away at the exact departure time. We cannot receive telephone/text calls to let us know your are running late because we will driving and using the phone as a GPS.
*ALL OUR TOURS INVOLVE WALKING; GUESTS SHOULD EXPECT VARYING DEGREES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
- We look forward to seeing you on the tour! Check out all of the 5-star reviews, so you will be super confident that you will have an amazing experience! You can read these reviews at TheNatureBus.com > click the REVIEWS tab. See you soon!
- If you have any questions, please text/call the owner. Suzanne 757-288-9595
- September 25, 2021
9:00 am - 2:00 pm